Thursday, August 20, 2015

Like for real?

My cravings are tugging at me today! I want a loaf of bread and a cosmopolitan. Weird combo? I don't think so. Can you imagine me ordering that? Excuse me, sir. May I please have a fresh loaf of Italian bread and the strongest cosmo you can make? Ha! Protein shake it is!

I've been reading a lot of articles lately about eating without giving up all the foods that you love. If I go out to breakfast with my family on Sunday, I don't want to feel like I've taken two steps back by enjoying some french toast. I would also like to have a mimosa or two. It would probably be closer to 5, if I'm being honest. I love me some mimosas. The point is, I want to be able to enjoy these things! I am not willing to give up all the food and beverages that I love forever. I am willing, however, to work my behind off to get fit and stay healthy.

Since M and I got married, all those years ago, I have really grown to love cooking. I enjoy trying new recipes.Trying to get the boys to try something new is a little tricky. However, we've worked out a deal that they must try one bite. If they don't care for it, that's ok. Thank you for trying. M and I on the other hand, if we cooked it, we're eating it. I've been experimenting with breakfast lately and I've found that I really like scrambled eggs with a teaspoon of fresh salsa. Simple. Who would've thunk?

So, the whole point of this is food freedom! Awesome term right?!?! It's not mine. I did't come up with it. These articles that I've been reading have been from Eat to Perform. Never heard of it? The site is excellent and the articles just make sense! Their entire idea behind eating, performing, and everything in between Just. Makes. Sense. Check out this article about food freedom here: Food Freedom. One more thing I'd like to add, I've also learned from this site that I was not eating nearly as much as I need to. More on that later ;)

Speaking of eating, I wanted to share with y'all what I did with my protein shake today! It was delish and I needed a change.

1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
1 drop of Young Living's Peppermint Essential Oil
Ice if you want
In the blender it goes! Enjoy!





Um, hello mint chocolaty goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment