Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weight is just a number!

Seriously, weight is just a number. When I was at my absolute healthiest (eating well & exercising daily) I weighed 155 pounds. I only stand 63 inches tall but I was solid. It was around this time that I had doctor tell me that the ideal weight for my age and height was 123 pounds. Say what?!?! Clearly, this man has not seen my family! I look sickly at 123 pounds. That is NOT a healthy weight for me.

A few months ago, I decided it was time to make a change. I had my plan and my support system. I lost 16 pounds total in four months. I could have lost more but I was not consistent, enjoy eating out too much, and I have a horrible sweet tooth. To top it off, the holidays arrived! UGH! So, I've again about 9 pounds back. That's not really what matters to me though. What matters is that I feel like poop all over again.

Here are my measurements & weight from when I started months ago:

Weight: 183
Waist: 37.5 inches
Bum: 45 inches
Thighs: 25.5 inches
Arms: 12 inches

After 4 months

Weight: 167
Waist: 35.5 inches
Bum: 45 inches (no way my bum will get smaller haha!)
Thighs: 23.5
Arms: 11.75


There was a small difference. I dropped 2 pants/dress sized and I was feeling great! 

Today's measurements:
Weight:176
Waist: 35 inches
Bum: 45 inches (ha!)
Thighs: 24.5
Arms: 11.75


I have my plan. I have my support group, which has gotten bigger. My friends have really motivated me. They've taken an interest in what I'm wanting to accomplish and that's a really nice feeling to have. One friend in particular suggested that I purchase a FitBit. Her and her mom both use this little device and can track each other's progress. If I got one, they could track me and offer some support and motivation if/when I need it! That's pretty sweet if you ask me. I started easing myself into my new routine. By Monday, I'll be ready to go full steam ahead. If I HAD to pick a weight goal, it would be 160. If I get to anything less, that's cool too. That's not where my focus is. I'll track inches lost and weight just to see how this change is transforming my body on the outside. The blood work and blood pressure check will determine the rest.

Here are some things I know to be true. This lifestyle change is absolutely necessary. I'm actually excited about it. Through God, ALL things are possible. This includes getting through days without all my gross, over processed foods and mass quantities of sweets. When I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, this stuff

will help to calm me the heck down, especially if I'm being bratty ;) Did you really think I could post without mentioning these AMAZING oils? You're crazy! I'm telling you, you just don't know what your missing out on! Here's to changing my health, and possibly yours, one day at a time!




No comments:

Post a Comment