Saturday, December 13, 2014

Insanity? Nope! That's just my thyroid!

Picture this. You're sitting at a table. You're cold and irritable. You cannot concentrate on anything and you're not quite sure how you even got out of bed this morning. You feel sluggish and confused. Your thoughts are not connecting and you're starting to feel like you may be losing you mind. Someone breathing in your direction, from 10 feet across the room, is enough to set you off.

Sound familiar to anyone? I am thankful that this doesn't happen very often. For some people though, it is a constant battle. Thyroid disease is not uncommon, but commonly misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all. Whether you are on medication, regulating naturally, or even just suspect that something is off, there is no reason you why can't make a few simple changes.

1.Please try to get a few minutes of exercise in a day. It can be as simple as walking up and down the halls of your workplace.

2. Take a good multivitamin. Do your research. Not all vitamins are created equal. There are plenty of good supplements on the market, you just have to search for them. Try to look for something that doesn't contain a bunch of fillers.

3. Food. Eat well. Scale back on the deep friend, over processed crap. That's right. I called it crap because that's exactly what it is. I'm not saying you can't ever eat it again, just east wisely. Adding extra, fresh, fruits and veggies never hurt anyone. Stick to lean meats. Indulge every now and then. I wouldn't want to to go totally insane ;)

Your thyroid NEEDS selenium and iodine. Foods such as Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, oysters, tuna, whole wheat bread, beef, chicken, and turkey contain high amounts of selenium. Foods such as sea kelp, cranberries, yogurt, navy beans, strawberries, and potatoes (with skin), contain high amounts of iodine. Try to incorporate some of these food into your diet.

There are TONS of natural supplements out on the market as well. They are worth a try! Please be cautious and use common sense. Over the counter supplements can be just as powerful and dangerous as prescription drugs if used carelessly. Use ya brain!

I try (my hardest) to do all of these things. I take a multivitamin. I get my bum moving a little each day. I do my best to eat foods that contain high amounts to iodine and selenium. I take and use natural supplements. For me, they've made a difference. I take a supplement called thyromin before bed every night. In the morning, I take (internally) two drops of an essential oil blend called EndoFlex. EndoFlex contains spearamint, sage, myrtle, nutmeg, geranium, and German chamomile. Depending on how I felt the day before, I may not even take EndoFlex internally. If that's the case, I apply it topically to my neck when the thyroid is located. I also topically apply Sacred Frankincense, twice daily, to the area.


This is what works for me. It may or may not make a difference for you. All I'm saying is that there are products out there that can help! It may be in addition to what you are already doing. It's worth a try :)




No comments:

Post a Comment