Friday, December 12, 2014

You've got to go!

HELLO world of the interwebs! If you recall, I was having some health issues not too long ago. Turns out, my gallbladder and I needed to part ways. We had a great 30 years together. I really thought I was giving my BG everything it wanted and needed. How wrong I was! After months of not knowing what was going on, I had an episode that landed me back in the ER. As frustrating as that was, that little hospital visit helped me get some answers. I had lots of gallstones.

When I had the first ultrasound months before, I probably had a just a few small gallstones. That might be why the doc said everything looked OK. We thought, maybe, it could have just been an infection or even an ulcer. My lifestyle change would help the situation, or so I thought. I lost weight so quickly! When I say "lost" I mean 30 pounds in 2.5 months. It was nuts. Apparently, when you lose weight like that, you can develop more gallstone. Lesson learned.

I had surgery at the end of September. Everything went great! Recovery was painful. I'm glad that everything is done and over with. I am so thankful for the awesome doctors and nurses that I had! Between them and my super amazing support system, I made it through the breakup with my gallbladder successfully :)

Fast forward to now. I have created a new love affair with food! It's going to cause some trouble soon if I don't get a grip on my tastes-buds and their desire fro everything yummy!

In total, from the day I announced a change was happening, I lost 40 pounds. 40!!! Since surgery, however, I've gained back 7. Not terrible. I can manage that. I am super excited about the meal planning and fitness schedule my hubby and I will be working on for ourselves.

That's all for now! I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend!

Smooches :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment